Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Singer's Trip to the Sewing Repair SPA...Whatcha working on this FALL?


SO, my trusty Singer is at the sewing repair "spa", and I am missing her already! What is it about NOT having something that makes you want it all the more??? In the meantime, hubby cheered me up by buying me this adorable old cabinet Singer from Goodwill...for only $50! She's so cute - she'll probably need some girl time at the repair spa too, but she's humming along fine for now.
I've been scanning local thrift stores for old thread, the kind that's 100% cotton, on old wooden spools, and is so hard to find! It just doesn't knot and tangle like the new stuff does...ah, the good ole days!
I'm painting a side table PINK for the girls' room, and ordering some Annie Sloan chalk paint to try out on old furniture pieces that need to be "prettied up". Finishing a flannel square quilt and making placemats and runners for our new dining table are also on my "MAMA DO" list. How about you? What crafts and projects are you starting this fall?


Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing.
~Author Unknown

Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Michelangelo to paint your garage. ~Author Unknown

Sewing fills my days, not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets! ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment