Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TA DA! Here they are...



Did you know chickens liked crossword puzzles? I didn't! Yep, they're the latest additions to our FOWL family. At long last! We hatched out 24 of OUR OWN cross chicks - almost all of them on Valentine's Day. SO cute I wanna squeeze 'em! We filled up the incubator again yesterday, this time with Khaki Campbell ducks (from our girls), Ameraucanas, SL Wyandottes, GL Wyandottes, Leghorns and more of our cross chicks. By mid-April, they'll be everywhere! Let the PECKING BEGIN!

"Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets."
Henry Ford

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So sweet! Love my chickie poos,too! I have two BLR Wyandottes that want to set...so I'm going put some eggs under them 1st of March..I can't wait!
    Hope to give Julia some ;o) Love your blog, too! Come over and visit sometime at the cottage and *follow* along. Blessings,Mumsie

    ReplyDelete